4/13/09

More of what you want

It's fun browsing my blog statistics to see what crazy things people are searching for when they find me. Sometimes I'm not sure how I matched up, sometimes I've got amazingly exact matches to keyword searches. In an effort to give the people what they want, here's a few popular searches and some bonus material along the same lines.

One of my most popular hits is Tom Hardy. Tom as Ramount and/or in Marie Antoinette, Tom linked with Brando, and just plain Tom Hardy. Here's my original ramblings about the boy, and another picture as a bonus. (I know, right? Go watch The Virgin Queen.)

My Book vs. Movie posts also get a lot of love. In particular the searches seem to focus on Jane Eyre and The Grapes of Wrath. Students with book reports due, maybe? One thing that might be leading to disappointment is searching for The Grapes of Wrath ending, which I only hinted at in my post comparing the book and movie. But here it is as your bonus: *SPOILERS* After Rose of Sharon delivers a stillborn baby, she ends up breastfeeding a starving man. For real. *SPOILERS END* Can't imagine why that didn't make it into the movie.

I'm quite encouraged to see the number of people searching for witty women, including this very positive affirmation: witty WOMAN IS the best. I quite agree. Stage Door has an unusual number of witty women in it, but for other movies with witty women/dialogue I'd recommend the following: The Thin Man, The Philadelphia Story, The Big Sleep, and All About Eve.

Now's your chance to weigh in with what you haven't found searching here and what you've liked that's left you wanting more. I'll be happy to oblige.

4 comments:

Sarah Mann said...

How do you get to this? I'm so blogger illiterate. I'm like, "statistics.."*strikes pensive pose*

Vanessa said...

Thats funny! I get a lot of the same searches as well. But my mostly searched things really aren't what I would expect people to search for...examples: salomon sorowitsch (I wrote about the film The Counterfeiters) and Soames Forsyte (The Forsyte Saga). I have always thought about making special blogposts about them with more information...
My theory is that not a lot of people have written about these topics so my blog posts are high up on google...but I really don't know...most people who visit my blog come through google images! It is all very strange!

Wendymoon said...

Poor Sarah! I use StatCounter (it's free). http://www.statcounter.com/

Vanessa, I guess we're just filling in the search engine gaps.

Retro Hound said...

So Rose of Sharon literally nursed a man back to health. That's kinda cool. Maybe.

Someday I'm going to do a post on the abuse of the word "literally." I used it correctly here, but I've heard people say "literally broke his heart" or "she was literally crushed."

AddThis Feed Button