11/3/08

The Alphabet Meme

The idea here is simple: Pick your favorite film for each letter of the alphabet. Thanks go to Blog Cabins for getting this started. Check there for more detailed rules, or read my summary below.
  • Choose one film for each letter of the alphabet.
  • Using a film that starts with "A" for A or "The" for T is not allowed.
  • Films from a series must use the first letter of the actual title they were released under (ex: Return of the Jedi would go under R and not S for Star Wars: Return of the Jedi).
  • Films that begin with a number belong filed under the first letter of that number spelled out (ex: 12 Angry Men would go under T).
  • Link back to Blog Cabins in your post to give credit where it's due.
  • If you're selected, tag 5 more people. (If you're not tagged, it's fine to make your own list anyway!)
I just did my top 50 movies, which should have given me a major head start here. But I thought it would be more fun (and challenging) to come up with movies I like that didn't quite make that list. So here they are:

Aladdin (my last list was sadly lacking in animated films)

Big Sleep, The

Corrina, Corrina (because Tina Majorino is super cute and reminds me of my niece)

Days of Wine and Roses, The

Ever After

Fugitive, The

Gigi

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

It Happened One Night

Jurassic Park

King and I, The

Long Hot Summer, The

Marty

Natural, The (not my favorite baseball movie, that would be A League of Their Own)

Ocean's Eleven

Parent Trap, The (1961)

Queen, The (although I prefer The African Queen)

Regarding Henry

Stranger Than Fiction

Thirty-Nine (39) Steps, The

Umbrellas of Cherbourg, The

V irgin Queen, The (2005)

Wall-E

X-Men (what else is there?)

You Can't Take It With You

Ziegfeld Follies (well, at least the bit with Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly)

Whew, that was not easy! Because of the constraints, I can't say that I love all the movies on here. And I still feel like I'm missing some of my favorites. Oh, well, I still had fun with this.

Next, I tag Cesia and David Bishop. (Since you've both just made your top movie lists, it should be easy, unless you opt for new titles too.)

If you want to play along but get stumped along the way, try Yahoo! Movies to browse titles by letter.

4 comments:

Fletch said...

Glad you had fun with it! It's funny that you had both The Queen and The Virgin Queen when you said that you liked The African Queen. I guess it just couldn't top your other 'A' film.

Wendymoon said...

That is funny! I hadn't noticed the three Queens until you mentioned it. But yeah, Aladdin must trump all other A films as I had a terrific crush on him (and I need him to represent some animated goodness).

Cesia said...

Cool idea. But now I have to think hard again! Oh, well, it will give me filler for my "one post a day" challenge. I'm going to need help with that.

- Cesia.
http://ceceatitagain.blogspot.com

David Bishop said...

Man, I put You've Got Mail for 'Y,' but I think I prefer You Can't Take it With You. I should have looked closer at your list before making mine.

AddThis Feed Button